aboutpersonal stylediy projectsbusinessshoppe

Monday, February 27, 2012

Polka Dot 40's Frock

I did wear my new dress Sunday morning. I am pleased with the over all silhouette of the dress. It looks rather 1940's to me. 

My sister helped pick out the fabric. I was going for a simple print so I could experiment with the pin tucks and puffed sleeves without it being overkill. The zipper went in all right, however I still need to improve in that aspect of my sewing skills. 

 Picture credit: Anna 
 Picture credit: Anna 
 Picture credit: Anna 

 Picture credit: Anna 
 Picture credit: Anna 
 Picture credit: Anna 
 Picture credit: Anna 
 Picture credit: Anna 

 Picture credit: Anna 

I drafted the skirt pattern and used the sleeves from a 1970's vintage pattern I got at a thrift store for 99 cents. The bodice is from Simplicity 2444 with a few minor changes made in the fitting. The best thing about this dress is that it has got side pockets! Now there is a place to stick my things when I'm out and about and don't wish to carry a purse -- or in my case, when my purse is just too annoying to get in and out of all the time even if I am carrying it.

Till next time,
Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment